Sat, Dec 23|
Find Your Freestyle
Inner critic preventing you from dancing? I get it. Mine too. Lean into your natural body language and find the confidence to dance as you are.
Time & Location
Dec 23, 2023, 1:00 PM – 2:45 PM
About the event
This is for you if:
- You worry about dancing "pretty", even when it's just you at home, so you give up and not even try
- You know you have the ability to tune into your body , but you can't connect to it when you want
- You are super judgemental about your own natural way of dancing
You are not alone.
You can be a trained dancer, a dance teacher, or someone with absolutely ZERO dance experience, and have exactly the same insecurities when it comes to freestyling, dancing at home/with people, or moving your body in its natural flow.
In this workshop, you will
- Learn to trust and lean into your natural body language, instead of trying to change it
- Expand your dance vocabulary so that you have more to work with when you're freestyling
- Witness and be witnessed in vulnerability and respect
Why am I the one to teach this?
- I had zero classical dance training and built a successful international business teaching dance, using the tools I will teach you
- I healed my body dismorphia and eating disorders through dancing
- 15 years into teaching dance, I still carry insecurities around how I dance, and I learned to dance with them, in loving companionship
Listen as people share their inner critic and feel that you're not alone.
Expand your capacity to dance while feeling discomfort.
Become a bit more like what you hope to be.
- Ticket type